Hot Garage Flooring Installation Guide
BLT Garage Flooring Installation Guide
Better Life Technology's garage flooring is designed to simply roll out from garage front to back (not side to side). To determine the proper size to order, sketch out a footprint or floor plan of your garage and use this as a basic guideline for the area you want to cover. Include enough detail in your sketch to be able to discern where any irregular areas may be. Using a tape measure, measure from the street garage door opening to the back wall, then measure from left to right between the side walls, marking both measurements accurately on the sketch. Since garage shapes and sizes vary, it may require additional measuring to accurately determine dimensions of smaller spaces such as single car attached areas, laundry or workshop areas.
Better Life Technology's Parking Pad and Garage Flooring are accurately cut and when unrolled, produce a straight edge to align placement against the side wall. If you need to trim the width for proper fit, trim the excess material along the wall and use the factory cut for seams between rolls. Note that rolls come in several different widths as well as a variety of lengths. Often a combination of sizes will yield the best fit with minimal waste for your garage. If you need additional help, feel free to email us with your questions.
Download a Printable Version here (right click > save target as)
Garage Floor Installation Guide
- For best result, unpack and install product as soon as possible after delivery. The sooner product is removed from packaging, the sooner it will lay flat on garage floor after installation.
- Sweep and clean garage floor. Wipe up any oil and chemicals from floor before rolling out product.
- Unroll product on garage floor. Edges may be butted together or overlapped (see Overlap Note below) for seamless appearance and floor protection. Initially, the Garage Flooring will have curl marks due to being rolled on a core or folded in a box for shipment (this is normal).
Allow mat to relax and lay flat. For custom fit, allow product to relax in place before trimming around edges and corners.
- Overlap note: Ribbed Flooring that is 10' wide, has an "overlap flap" (approximately 1.5" to 2" wide) of unpatterned material running down BOTH sides. Flooring that is 9' wide or less, has no "overlap flap".
Unroll option 1: For lay flat results, unroll Garage Flooring in the sunlight on a clean driveway. The warmer the conditions the quicker curls will straighten out and lay flat. Use wide push broom, push air out from center and work your way out (side to side and length to length) Repeat if necessary. Place on garage floor when desired and repeat broom out.
- Unroll option 2: If you wish to unroll product directly on the garage floor, sweep garage floor clean of debris and unroll Garage Flooring. For best results, start unrolling process at the garage entrance; finishing at the back of the garage. Note: In cool to cold conditions it may take 72+ hours for most curl marks to lay flat depending on the temperature. Be sure to push out air with broom (It is OK to park your car on it during this time).
Trim edges with sharp scissors or utility knife.
Tape around edges, if desired. If you choose to tape down edges or the seam between two floor protectors, we recommend using indoor-outdoor carpet tape.
CAUTION-SAFETY WARNING: Any floor surface can become slippery in the presence of moisture and debris. Proper care and cleaning of vinyl flooring will reduce the likelihood of slips and falls. Wipe up any oil, chemicals, or other fluids that may drip or leak from vehicle to prevent hazardous, slippery conditions. Always dispose of hazardous materials properly.
For warranty information click here.
- Note: If product is used under extreme temperature conditions, such as direct sunlight or unheated garages, the product may expand or contract as much as 2% after laying flat. For custom fit, always allow product to relax before trimming around edges and corners.